Transformation: Eight Reasons You Don’t Want a Coach
Transformation is a process, and as life happens there are tons of ups and downs. It’s a journey of discovery – there are moments on mountaintops and moments in deep valleys of despair.
This may seem like a strange blog for a coach to write but I find truth telling immensely rewarding. I find it interesting that most people respond so well to truths. So here are a few regarding why you do not want to hire a coach.
- Your life will change. Probably for the better. But change can be difficult, and honestly, we humans like to remain in homeostasis.
- They will tell you the truth. If you don’t like to hear the truth even when delivered in a kind way. Don’t hire a coach.
Drop Your Story
- You will have to drop your story. We often create ourselves as victims in our life. A coach will challenge you to own your life, and take responsibility for it. And well that just sucks sometimes.
There’s a Cost
- It will cost you money. Good coaching rarely comes cheap. And we rarely invest fully unless we put some skin in the game. Coaches want individuals that want to change and are willing to put their money on the table to prove it.
- You will have to show up. Coaching requires you show up, do the work, and keep coming back even when it gets tough. I rarely take anyone for coaching at less than a six-month commitment because true transformation takes time and most people want to quite when things get tough at 8-12 weeks.
- You will come face to face with your humanity, and you will have to let go of your ego. Face your true self, and find self-compassion and love. For many of us this is the greatest struggle of all.
- You will have to learn to love what is, and what is not, and come to trust that the world is unfolding as it should without you directing the process.
- You will find peace in this moment, and then in the next, and it will be a challenge each day to stay in this moment, not in the past, or in the future.
It would seem the things we desire are also they things we run from. It takes immense courage to go for things we desire but more than that it takes grit and tenacity. The start of the journey is easy. It is staying the course that remains the true challenge for most of us. A coach is a sojourner through the tough times. A coach helps you through those times with a perspective that is unattached to the outcome yet loving and compassionate. Take a coach on your next journey but only if you want to reach the finish line.
Still don’t want a coach? Great contact me let’s talk![/tatsu_text][/tatsu_column][/tatsu_row][/tatsu_section]